WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO?
How it works
Dockshare gives boaters more freedom.
The water is for everyone. You no longer have to worry if public docks or marinas are full. Reserve slips online with ease and confidence that get you as close as possible to your destination. We cater to all types of watercraft – book for your paddle board, canoe or kayak too.
Search for docks by address, city, or zip code.
Select a dock that best fits your needs.
Reserve the dock by the hour, day, week, month, season or year.
Booking on Dockshare
Whether you are boating, kayaking, or paddle-boarding, Dockshare makes it easy for you to find a dock:
Start by searching for your desired location. Use the slider to adjust the distance you are willing to dock from your desired location. You can also filter the search results by travel date and boat needs (such as minimum water depth, slip length, and slip width.)
Check out photos of the dock and a satellite image, so you know exactly where to go. Once you’ve found what you’re looking for, choose your rental type (hourly, weekly or monthly) and secure your reservation. All transactions are completed through our secure platform.
3. Set sail!
Once you receive a reservation confirmation email, you’re ready to go. Keep our information available in case you need to reach us with any queries.
Any bookings made within 24 hours of docking will result in an immediate charge. If a booking has been made over 24 hours before docking, payment will be held until the 24 hour mark.
Bookings can be changed or cancelled under “My Bookings.”
Once payment has been made (this occurs 24 hours before the reservation time), modifications can no longer be made to the dates or payment amount. If a longer stay is needed, submitting a new booking request is permitted. If the stay is going to be shorter than expected or the dates have changed, please cancel the current reservation and submit a new booking request for the altered dates.
You will need to place a new booking to stay longer.
Dockshare does not provide insurance of any kind. Please speak with your insurance provider directly to determine what your insurance benefits include.
When boaters and dock renters join our crew, we encourage them to abide by the following basic requirements, after all – treat others the way you would like to be treated!
- Be responsive: Reply to reservation dialogue with the dock owner within 24 hours.
- Provide sufficient time if you are cancelling: The dock owners are counting on you to dock with them. If you can’t make your reserved date/time, reach out as soon as possible.
- Maintain a high overall rating: Be a respectful dock renter.
It’s important to be a good guest. After all, who doesn’t want to be invited back?
Be the best guest you can be by exceeding the basic requirements. Below please find some of our suggested tips on being a responsible and kind dock renter.
- Clean space
– Keep the dock and surrounding area clean. Pick up trash, wipe down mud off to the dock, gather all belongings.
– Leave the dock space better.
– As you leave the dock, be sure to check the space for any leave behinds. Keep the dock clear – as though you weren’t even there.
– Provide a direct emergency number for dock renter as well as a secondary emergency renter contact.
– If someone else is handling the watercraft, please share the name of the driver as well.
– Utilize the communication platform on Dockshare app for secure outreaches.
– Our technology enables us to determine fraudulent activity by verifying user accounts, allowing dock owners and boaters to confirm their identities of each party.
- Reduce hazards
– Abide by safe occupancy levels on the dock.
– Follow the suggested route from the dock to the nearest walkway or path.
– Encourage young children to stay with adults when/if walking on the dock.
– Keep pets on a leash when exiting the watercraft and walking on the dock.
– We strive to make the water accessible to everyone.
– We expect our community members to be respectful, kind, and inclusive.
– We will not tolerate inappropriate behavior either online or in person. We reserve the right to remove anyone from the Dockshare community should you fail to follow our principles.
– Refrain from smoking if the dock owner does not allow smoking on the dock or property.
– Keep noise down if the dock is in an area with close neighbors. The dock is not a party venue.
– If pets are onboard, pick up after their animals and dispose of any waste in a trash can
Simply, use the communication platform on Dockshare’s site for secure outreaches. Our technology enables us to determine fraudulent activity by verifying user accounts, allowing dock owners and boaters to confirm their identities of each party.
We invite our dock renters to ask the renters for an emergency contact phone number, however, that is not required.
Respect and safety go hand and hand when renting someone’s dock. We suggest that you follow some of these recommendations:
Abide by safe occupancy levels on the dock.
Follow the suggested route from the dock to the nearest walkway or path.
Encourage young children to stay with adults when/if walking on the dock.
Keep pets on a leash when exiting the watercraft and walking on the dock.
Being respectful to neighbors is something we strive to do, both on and off the water. Dockshare crew members are encouraged to reinforce the suggestions below to keep everyone happy!
Refrain from smoking if the dock owner does not allow smoking on the dock or property.
Keep noise down if the dock is in an area with close neighbors. The dock is not a party venue.
If pets are onboard, pick up after their animals and dispose of any waste in a trash can.
Who We Are
Dockshare was founded by the husband-and-wife team of Nate and Gina Young.
Water enthusiasts themselves, Nate and Gina love spending days in the great outdoors, cruising around Maryland’s waterways in their boat. It was on one of their cruises that they realized a major gap in the marketplace.
It all started when they were out on their boat and couldn’t find a spot at a public dock. They found themselves looking around at all the private docks sitting empty and thinking what a missed opportunity – for the dock owner and boater – to offer the flexibility of temporarily renting a private dock.
They realized that they too were missing out on making their own dock available on their beach-front property where their dock sits empty the majority of the year.
Dockshare was created to solve both of these problems simultaneously.
To us, the water represents freedom. We believe it’s meant to be enjoyed by any and all. We love how unique and close-knit the boating community is – in Maryland and across the country. With Dockshare, our mission is to strengthen that community – bringing people together and making the waterfront more accessible than ever before.
Our team is made up of individuals from different backgrounds but we all have one thing in common – we love life on the water and want to share that with others. Our hope is to build bridges that connect people who share that love nationwide.